Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion for research enhancement (EDIRE) in Bosnia and Herzegovina aims to create a networking collaboration between the University Sarajevo School of Science and Technology (SSST) and four renowned research institutions in France, Italy, Ireland, and Spain, with the final aim of increasing SSST research profile, boosting its research capacity, especially in the field of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI). Research on EDI is almost totally unaddressed in Bosnia and Herzegovina, therefore EDIRE will contribute to introducing new lines of research SSST in such strategic topics for the quality of research. These transversal research areas will be embedded in intensive training and networking actions addressing more in general SSST research and management capacity.
- to foster and sustain excellent research in the EDI research domain so as to make EDI principles and approaches an integral part of academic life pervasively;
- to enhance the scientific and technological capacity of SSST, contributing to raising its attractiveness, research profile, and reputation;
- to enhance internationalization and networking activities;
The project will rely on a variegated set of methods to achieve the objectives:
1) interdisciplinarity and knowledge sharing,
2) capacity building,
3) participatory approach,
4) inclusivity and sustainability and
5) far-reaching methods for communication and engagement.